Hi! I wrote this long, serious article about what alt-dot-stoopididitty
is and was about to include it here. But it had too many big
thinky words in it. So I deleted it. Anyway the above bacon is used
with permission of CkCk.
Anyway, here are some of the alt.stupidity regulars. Some
have Web pages, some post only to the newsgroups, and some have
People With Web Pages
Asylum is alive and well. And now he has a
NEW-AND-IMPROVED WEB PAGE
coexisting with the original one out there on the Internet! YAY! Note that it's
still under construction. Or maybe not. I tend to neglect updating my own
web pages for years at a time, so maybe it's not so new.
- The Lord Jester of Antioc, Anti-JN, Slayer of
the fluffy ones. He has the hugest collection of alt.stupidity archives
IN THE ENTIRE WORLD! Well, okay, maybe Google's is hugester. But
Anti-JN filtered out all the crap and kept the funny ones. Especially
the ones with my name in them. Unfortunately, the database is no
longer there. If you click on the link, all you'll see is a
black screen. Woe.
- Professor Bucketmouth: Musician, historian, communications
expert, scientist, famous writer, world traveler, and misguided
- Here is christinA's mumke_place.
- No one has ever trolled this
Fish in his own pond -- maybe.
- Jerry Jones
used to post in alt.stupidity in the mid '90s, but has been quiet
lately. His sig "When the rivers run full, the trout will walk the
earth" usually left people confused.
- John Patrick Lodder's Web page: Terse, poetic, wastes no words.
is so happy
that she will kill you last if she likes you.
- The Last Danish Pastry's site at www.pisquaredoversix.force9 is broke (temporarily?), but you can visit http://thelastdanishpastry.deviantart.com for now.
- The Last Viking never
gets angry, just even.
Mordenheim, the alt.stupidity vampire, rarely posts in
alt.stupidity any more, alas.
- Magnus Mulqvist
doesn't really have a Home Page, but the foundation is there.
- Spatch is the
duly-elected god of alt.stupidity. This is his personal Web site on his
very own server. It was thunk up on the third floor of a roost
somewhere near Barry's Corner in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Or so he
- The Tepid O'Hare Experience of Andy Tatnall. He wants to be Governor, but does he have the accent?
People Without Web Pages
For reasons of their own, the following people don't have
Web pages on "the hugest vanity press in the history of the human
In some cases, I've published some of their USENET postings that I
(Notice how my name shows up quite often [blush].)
I haven't collected posts from all of them, nor do I mention
all of them (see above links for more references), but if you tune in alt.stupidity some evening,
you might get to see them perform live.
- cabbage used to have a Web page, but it vanished
used to provide a clue about the Firesign Theatre, but his Web page vanished
mysteriously. You can no longer go there to shoot a man on the Web.
- Jason Nafziger is by default the alt.stupidity Satan. He
used to have a crappy Web page, but it's gone.
- Magnus Mulqvist
has an empty lot (August 2008), but I'm leaving this here becasue I
put a lot of work into it.
- Michael Roach once tried entering a "World's Largest
Roach" contest, but was disqualified for some reason. He once had a Web
page with a cool Mentat reference, but dropped it (the page) when he
moved to panix.com.
- Nosy refuses to tell the story about the toaster.
- Per Harald Myrvang used to maintain a great Web page, but
lost interest in it. It's a sad day when one of the old-timers burns
People in the Shadows
- cagey used to post here in the mid-90's, then disappeared
without a trace.
- Chester Karma. If that's his REAL
- We suspected that Flapjack was really Bob Vila, who was
the Butt of many jokes on alt.stupidity. Noah left Vassar and his Web
page suffered from link rot. Later, his brother's cat (who was stupider
than any ten of us) died.
- Jeffzilla -- Big, green, mulch.
- Keith Glasson
- Keylime's Smilies. Spatch
started it, Keylime finished it.
- Papa Legba -- Almost a god.
- Paul Kautz once posted in alt.stupidity the story of
Spatch's amazing adventures in Europe in 1995 or '96. Alas, they're
gone. However, if you dig through ANTI-JN's huge
archives you might be able to find them.
- Ross Garmil -- SOCK!
- email@example.com (Steve Chandler) -- Would have killed for
a Hero Robot when he was a kid.
- Tortess -- Gesundheit.
- vehement sack, or maybe Steve
Heckman, made everybody in alt.stupidity kill themselves. I don't have
the original posts, but (l)Laura figured it out. Shuffle those letters
- Yaz Pistachio popped up one summer in the mid '90s, wrote
a lot of funny posts, then quietly disappeared. Even her Web page is
page won the prestigious fabienne
StOOpIt aWarD on 15 March 1999.